Home remodeling can be a fun way to enhance your enviroment and shape it to your unique style and personality. And if you had no direct hand in the design or build of your home, it can also be a way to put your mark on it and really make it your own. And the best place to start is in the bathroom.
Pick a bathroom, any bathroom, and just look at it, envisioning it’s future. Look at the counters, the sink or sinks, the fixtures and hardware, the tile. Then close your eyes and get a picture in your head of what you want it to look like. If you have an imagination that can do it, you are well on your way. Now lets get to the real fun.
Where to Begin
Get an idea what you want, if you can afford it, and if you have time to put in the work. You don’t want to get started and run out of money or time. After that, there are 5 tips you will need to do the job right with minimal issues:
- Plumbing: Plan your build without moving existing plumbing. It is a huge hassle, it requires a licensed plumber to do it correctly, and it can be a large expense.
- Supplies: When you order supplies, like a custom toilet or special tile, they will get to you when they get to you, so be patient and plan accordingly. With custom items a wait is implied.
- Lighting: If you have a window, make it bigger. Natural light cuts down on energy costs, and a frosted glass window will keep prying eyes from seeing what they shouldn’t.
- Ditch the bath: For eco-friendly reasons, for efficiency, and for space, removing your bathtub and replacing it with a walk-in shower is an option worth exploring.
- Get help: If you at any time are in way over your skillset, it is ok to ask for help. It is not a sign of weakness but the resolution of a wise person to asks for assistance.